Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why I Will Never Buy A Nexus One

A few months ago I responded to a promotion Google had prior to Christmas. The offer included a cool EyeFi memory card if you purchased 200GB of cloud memory space from Google. It's now March 28th and I haven't seen the card yet. Further I tried to contact Google and EyeFi to inquire about my card and I've received no response. It's like calling into a black hole with no one there to listen to you.

I've heard of similar problems from other people complaining about the lack of customer service from Google. I can only imagine what would happen if I had a problem with my Nexus One phone. Further I don't trust Google very much when it comes to my data. What would happen if my Youtube account was suddenly suspended? Or my Blogger account? The truth is Google can do whatever they want with my accounts including my Gmail. Luckily Google did begin a new project called the Data Liberation Front based on the idea of freeing your data from any one service or provider in the event you become locked out of your accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment