Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Wii Christmas, A Notebook Computer And A Camera

Santa arrived Christmas morning with a Wii for my son. Based on reviews I wasn't sure if this console would be a good fit for him, but he took to it quickly. We were playing tennis and had a great time, my 3-year old daughter even got into the mix. I think the negative reviews I read about the Wii came from serious gamers frustrated with the Wii's graphics.








The other big gift for my son was an Acer Notebook computer. Sites like Starfall make the Internet an educational tool for my 6-year old son to learn to read. So far I'm impressed with the battery life, my son is able to use the computer for 6 hours before needing to be recharged. There are simply no complaints as long as the user realized this computer is good for surfing the Internet and working on some Word documents. The small screen size makes it frustrating to work with images and excel files.








The third geek gift for my son was a Crayola digital camera. It's durable and simple to use, all he has to do is turn it on and start shooting. He is getting a kick out of taking photos of the family, maybe he'll turn into a photo bug like his Geek Dad.

I'm not expecting much int the terms of image quality or composition, but I am excited to see what images come out of the little camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment