Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Flying High With A Canon 7D

As an amateur photographer I'm always looking for a new angle, and no angle is more unique than an arial photograph. I recently became interested in aerial photography when I saw a Youtube video showing a Canon 7D strapped to a model helicopter. The footage shot on the camera was video which made it even more impressive.

I started to research the cost of such a toy...uh,  tool for taking aerial shots. It turns out these helicopters can cost thousands of dollars! They also take some practice to become proficient, especially if you're going to trust is with your $1,600 camera + $1,000 lens. I guess I'll have to stay on the ground for now. If you have any experience with this type of photography please write me an email and share, I think this stuff is really cool.




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. This IS NOT from an R/C; It's mounted on a real helicopter, R22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're right, but I've seen Youtube videos with a 7D mounted on an RC helicopter.

    ReplyDelete