Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

So Happy About Angry Birds

Angry Birds was the first iPhone game I could play for more than 5 minutes without getting bored. Soon I found myself cursing when one tiny pig was left over, or getting lost for several minutes as I plotted how I was going to launch another bird into the air. It's no doubt Angry Birds is a global hit, the question is what's next?

Last month Rovio released a sequel called "Angry Brids Halloween", now the company is back with "Angry Birds Christmas". Gameplay is the same as the other versions only now it has an updated Christmas theme. I've only seen screenshots, but it looks like fun. I read this version will be a free upgrade from the Halloween game.

The only frustrating part of the game for me was understanding how to earn 3 stars on a level. I tried to look it up, but was unable to find a credible resource. If you know how the game determines the amount of stars to award please let me know.

Angry Birds Everywhere

This great game is not just for the iPhone anymore. I read the game will be on the XBOX, PS3, and the Android  marketplace. In fact the Android version is free and ad supported. I'd be curious to know which model brings them more money, the paid app or the free one. I'm sure numbers will be reported next quarter.

Now it's the Pigs' turn

I heard Rovio is working on another sequel taken from the Pigs' point of view. Here is a funny video about the   upcoming game. Please be advised the birds use strong language.

No comments:

Post a Comment