Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My first online math class thanks to Dabbleboard

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Fun Small TabletIn order to help students study for their final exam I thought I would hold an online math review via Dabbleboard. The setup was simple, I just copied and pasted the whiteboard link to the email sent to my students and turn on my webcam. Soon my students showed up and I was busy explaining math problems from the practice final. One student was able to fire up her webcam as she showed up for other to see, the only problem was her mic was broken so we weren't able to have a voice chat.
I think this technology is amazing, we were able to communicate in real-time as students were able to listen to me while I wrote on this virtual whiteboard using my Bamboo tablet. I can't wait to try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment