Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Roku Rocks!

Roku HD PlayerThe Roku box is an amazing piece of technology that streams information from the Internet to your TV. You can stream videos, movies, photos, just about anything that can be viewed on the Internet can be streamed to your TV.
I use my Roku primarily to watch Netflix movies. Netflix has it's own channel on the Roku interface that allows you to search for movies and watch them instantly... well almost instantly. Since you are accessing information from the Internet there can be some lag time from the moment you select a movie to the moment the movie starts. This time depends mostly on the quality of your Internet connection, if the signal is strong the movie will load quickly, but if the signal is weal you could be waiting a while for the movie to start.

To make sure everything is working properly, I purchased a&amp wireless N router that connects to my cable modem. The router wirelessly connects to my Roku box without any trouble. It took me about 10 minutes to be up and running.

I love this product so much I bought two, one for each TV. I have the HD-XR version because it can take advantage of the wireless N technology, giving me better quality with a longer range. The second Roku is the HD version which is placed much closer to the router.

</object>

No comments:

Post a Comment