Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting into photography feels like starting golf

I've never golfed, but I hear it's an expensive hobby/sport. I'm feeling the same about photography. Even though I'm not new to photography, I feel obligated to constantly buy gear and gadgets that will either enhance my skills, or my experience of taking photos.

The latest purchase was for a stabilizer for my still/video camera. Even though my camera is capable of recording excellent video, you still have to follow basic principles such as not jerking around too much. I plan to use my tripod, but what about when I want to move the camera around? Then I ask myself if I'm willing to invent in a camera, why wouldn't I spend a little more to make sure the video movements are smooth. Enter the "MiniDV Stabilizer". This little device will hopefully make the movements with my camera smooth and fun to watch. I used a Glidecam stabilizer a few years ago with poor results. I'm hoping this product is better. The video makes the product look simple to setup, and the demo video looks decent. I'll be sure to have a full review next week when I receive the this product. Until then enjoy the video.

</object>

Posted via email from Geek Dad Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment