Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Shooting Video on the Canon 7D

A couple days ago I decided to shoot some video with my 7d, after all that is one of it's main selling points. What I came across was something unexpected. I realized that not only will shooting video be more difficult, but the files are way too large for me to edit. I'm going to have to invest in a more powerful computer if I'm going to edit HD video. For now I think I'll just stick to 640 x 480.

</object>

Posted via email from Geek Dad Lab

2 comments:

  1. Tony, I know what you mean! I had to get a new PC just recently myself because of the 7D's RAW files alone, not to mention the video. Kinda makes you wonder what the guys with 21MP - 24MP cameras have to have, doesn't it? I am so in love with the new PC -- when you upgrade, definitely go for the Core i7 Processors, an awesome video card with 1GB DDR5 memory, and plenty of DDR3 RAM. It'll blow you away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the specs. One of our Laptops is ready to get the boot. Now I need to convince my wife we need a beefier computer than one that's only good for surfing the Internet. This photography stuff is feeling like a slippery slope, one purchase gets you ready for another.

    ReplyDelete