Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Twitter schemes that fall short

My last post related golf to photography, I noted that each hobby contained an endless supply of expensive gadgets and equipment designed to enhance your experience. Since that post I received Twitter notifications from golf and gaming organizations hoping to gain my attention. This request feels like focused spam. Obviously neither of the companies read my post to find out I have no interest in golf, I simply made an observation. I would guess these companies have some bot that is constantly searching Twitter for keywords, then automatically following accounts that include those words in their tweets. Needless to say I chose not to follow either organization and am slightly offended that they would resort to bots to gain followers. It makes me feel they are trying to game the system.

Posted via email from Geek Dad Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment