Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

SheBloom shoot with new backdrop

We just finished a photo shoot with out daughter wearing the latest SheBloom fashions. I had fun setting up my new backdrop and Speedlites. Unfortunately our daughter wasn't as cooperative as my equipment. She was moody and hyper all at the same time, if that were possible. But my equipment worked like a charm. I set up the wireless communication with the Speedlites and adjusted the power output from the camera. 

The backdrop worked well, though I wish I ironed the canvas a little to get the creases out. I'm happy with the construction of the backdrop, the metal frame is sturdy and stores easily into the bag it is shipped in. The canvas is huge measuring 9 feet x 15 feet and comes with two backgrounds, black and white. The only drawback to the backdrop system is the inability to quickly switch backdrops from black to white. This feature would have helped us with our shoot because of the several wardrobe changes we made.

Overall I'm happy with the shoot. Many times I got the shadowless photos I was looking for, and the backdrop gave use the flexibility to move around our subject as she jumped around without sacrificing the desired white background.

Posted via email from Geek Dad Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment