Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Roku and Media Tribe

I love my Roku box. This device allows me to stream Netflix movies on my TV along with lots of other Internet TV content. I love the product so much I purchased a second one when they came out with the new Roku XR that is compatible with wireless N routers. After buying a new router from Amazon I am able to move through menus and watch content with faster loading times and better video quality.

Roku also added more channels to their product which allow the user to Interact with their Internet world through their TV. Here is a short video of how I'm using my Roku box.



The only service I pay for is Media Tribe. I'm still not sure it's worth the $2.99/month subscription price. The ability to watch Youtube videos on the TV is cool, but I'd just as soon watch them on my computer, especially since the video quality isn't that good on this application. I still haven't been able to view any of my Picasa photos on my TV, all I see is a message, "downloading album photos" for several minutes.

What I'm hoping for is Roku to make a deal with the NBA like they did with MLB so I can dump my cable TV and watch everything from the Roku.

No comments:

Post a Comment