Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Totally Geeking Out Over New Photo Stuff

Last night the UPS guy delivered my new photo gear. Inside were two umbrellas and light stands. Ever since I read the Strobist blog I've been interested in learning more about flash photography. I enjoy having control over the light to create different effects and accentuate details to reflect my vision of the subject. Hopefully these umbrellas will help build my understanding of lighting effects.

The first photo is a shot of my setup. I had two flashes, but I returned one of them because it was too weak. The one in the photo is my old 420 EX. The bummer is I have no manual control over the power of the flash since it is remotely triggered. I'm wondering if a Pocket Wizard would fix this since they communicate more information to the flash than most radio triggers.

I've learned so much in the last few months thanks to the Strobist blog and Flickr groups. I keep asking dumb questions and everyone great answers without rolling their eyes.

Posted via email from Geek Dad Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment